STRAVA Summary

Monday, January 30, 2012

Where Do the Hours Go?

I always seem to have the right intentions, but I'm never able to get things done. Case in point this blog, I would love to do daily updates, but i have trouble doing monthly updates. I think I'm going make the time.
So how is the running going? Maybe I should ask how is the training going, as I am doing regular swimming sessions to supplement the running, along with a bit of spinning too. Theo talked me into going out swimming on Tuesday's, Thursday and Saturdays and other than the odd session I've going out regularly since the start of the year. At first I found it very tough, but over time I think I am getting much more efficient and I am sure it is helping the cardio. Just trying to do 2 lengths was tough at first, now I start with 4 lengths. Spinning for about 45 minutes or so before swimming on Tuesday's and Thursday's is just bonus points, just seems to hurt my ass, but I am sure it is having an effect too. With Green Jewel coming up in 5 weeks it will be interesting to see how I fair compared with last year. I'm thinking that I am in much better shape than last year, although not without a few niggling little problems, I would be disappointed if I can't beat last years time. All things considering though, all the races this spring etc are just training runs for Vermont in July.
The running has been hit and miss, most of it good, but for some reasons the long runs on Saturday have been rather difficult. And stranger again is that the Sunday long runs have been generally, really good. Comparing last years run log with this year so far. Monthly, the mileage is almost identical and I am actually ahead if last year for my long runs. So in that respect I am doing well. I still feel that I have to get the long run distance up, providing that the weather co-operates. *fingers crossed*. I guess really can't complain too much as the weather has been far better than last year.
Race Schedule?
Yeah things are starting to shape up with the race schedule now. 6 Races are on the schedule with the latest addition the Niagara Ultra 100k. A new distance for me, but Looking forward to it on the Niagara Ultra course. Always a good event. Not sure what to expect though, just get it done I guess.
As I mentioned earlier I have the Green Jewel 50k on March 3rd in Ohio. Then in Seaton Trail 52k in May, thankfully much later than las tear and the horrible weather that hit in April. There is Sulphur Springs 50 mile race at the end of May. Then Niagara on June 23rd. We will probably be doing the annual night run to Orillia and back the weekend before Niagara, which will conflict with the Barrie Half Marathon, so our running support may not be quite as good as the last two years.
Those races all lead up to Vermont 100 on July 21st. At the moment the only other race I have signed up for is the North Coast 24 Hr event in Cleveland in September. There are many other events I would like to do, but at the moment I am biding my time. Pick Your Poison, Dirty Girls, Haliburton, let's see....

No comments: